Welcome to our school council page!
Every September, each class elects a school council representative to attend meetings and express the pupils' voices, ideas and opinions within the academy.
We believe in community. We recognise that we are stronger together and therefore value collaboration. We develop an understanding and tolerance of each other through knowledge, mutual respect, believing the best of each other and forgiveness. We work as a community, supporting our own pupils, families and staff in everything we do.
This is a chance for the Academy to hear the voice of the children. The group is made up of two elected representatives from Years 2-6. They meet with staff regularly to make suggestions about the day-to-day running of the Academy. They decide on and help to organise fundraising projects such as Comic Relief.
Here are our Children’s Aims, as developed by our Student Council:
• To respect ourselves, each other and the wider community
• To try our best in everything we do
• To show good manners, we are kind to everyone in and outside of school
• To appreciate diversity and understand that everybody is different and has different needs
• To respect all faiths, cultures and abilities
• To involve and use our local community