All schools have a duty to promote equal opportunities for all, regardless of race, colour, religion or sexual orientation. At Oasis Academy Harpur Mount we want all our pupils to become responsible members of an inclusive society and harmonious local community.
Running through the whole of our curriculum, we encourage children to be honest citizens, who value diversity and develop a proper sense of society and belonging. The ultimate aim is that they are ready for the next stage of their lives in modern Britain and consequently conform to the British values of:
- democracy and the rights of all to be involved in decision making
- the rule of law, respect for others and their property
- individual liberty, freedom of speech and opinion
- mutual respect for people with different beliefs to your own
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Examples of how we manage this, areas follows: