Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
SEND Support at Oasis Harpur Mount during Covid-19
The details below outline how our school is offering support to pupils with SEND during Covid 19.
1. Risk Assessments for pupils with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) have been created and are reviewed every 2 weeks. Based on the outcome of the risk assessment, school is open to provide support for pupils with EHCPs. This support is arranged through the school SENCO.
2. Check-in calls are made to families of children with EHCPs once a fortnight or more if necessary. These are recorded on the school system (CPOMS). Families can ring the school directly or contact using the following email: email@example.com
3. Differentiated tasks are set through Seesaw and provided through home-learning packs. Practical resources have been provided to identified pupils to support them whilst they are learning at home.
4. Additional paper based materials are delivered to pupils who are unable to access online learning.
5. Staff are completing additional CPD around areas of SEND, trauma, mental health and wellbeing in preparation for school re-opening.
6. The SENCO will be in contact with students and carers who are due to complete their EHCP annual review. This will be conducted via telephone or video conferencing.
7. Links to resources and support services are signposted on the school website. The link below gives SEND advice for families during Covid 19:
Oasis’ ethos is based on an overarching theme of Inclusion; welcoming, encouraging and enabling all to achieve their best whatever the challenges may be in doing so.
SEND Support at OAHM
Oasis Harpur Mount has an inclusive approach. You can attend OAHM if you live in the local area regardless of any disability or special educational need.
The revised SEND Code of Practice (DfE, April 2014) states:
The governing bodies of maintained schools and maintained nursery schools and the proprietors of academy schools must publish information on their websites about the implementation of the governing body’s or the proprietor’s policy for pupils with SEND. (p 93)
Who is the best person to talk to at the academy?
If you cannot find the information you need then please contact Amy Newsome, the SEND Coordinator (SENCO) via email or telephone: 0161 205 4993